Here and There

Though I feel like I’ve been in a time warp of perpetual summer, it’s somehow the middle of December. Christmas is in a week. That just doesn’t seem right, since I went to the beach this week. And I’m sweating under a fan right now. But anyway, December is in full swing.

The highlight of the month has definitely been a visit from my parents. We packed a lot into the eight days they were here, spending a few days each in Barranquilla, Santa Marta, and Cartagena.
Here’s my top 5 list from their week here:
• Showing off the many beautiful places Colombia has to offer.
• Introducing them to my friends.
• Being able to have meaningful conversations with zero language or culture barriers.
• Relaxing on the tranquil beach in Taganga.
• Exploring the enchanting streets of Cartagena.



Now that Mom and Dad are back home, I’m gearing up for my next adventure. I’ll be in Bogotá for 10 days, spending Christmas with my cousin Emily. On December 31st, along with my friend Eileen, I head to Argentina! Somewhat of a spontaneous plan, the two of us will be attending Argentina’s national Campus Crusade for Christ conference, followed by a couple of weeks in Buenos Aires. I'm expectant and excited about this trip--God has worked so many things together to allow me to go!

So though this December and Christmas will be a little different--it's the first one in my life away from home--I'm sure it will be filled with new and unforgettable experiences. But most importantly, the reason for celebrating is the same:

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."
Isaiah 9:6