Pictures are worth a thousand words...

…right?

Because I’m lacking the ganas or chef (Spanish and Romanian work better than English here!) to write blogs, but I’m determined not to abandon the effort! So here’s a little summary in pictures of recent happenings:

In mid-October, I finally made it to Santa Marta, a beautiful area of the Caribbean coast. It's the oldest settlement in Colombia as well as a little taste of paradise! I went with Maureen (my co-Fulbrighter) and some of her friends. It was adventure that included spending the night in a hammock on the beach, eating freshly caught fish, and snorkeling.





At the end of October, I joined the leaders of VPU (Vida Para la Universidad, the Colombia chapter of Campus Crusade) on a retreat in Armenia (in the beautiful "Eje Cafetero", or coffee-growing region). It was a wonderful weekend: refreshing, challenging, inspiring, and a great time to connect with the other leaders. Oh, experiencing fall-ish weather was a nice break, too.


(Andrey, Jean Carlos, Pochi, and Melissa--excited to ride a plane for the first time!)


(The landscape from our conference center)



(We had a little midnight adventure in Cali on the way back!)


(My church hosted another medical brigade...)



(...I translated--and lent a hand with wound cleaning...)



(...but the best part is that several of my English students volunteered to translate!)

Well, there's a few of the most blog-worthy pictures for ya!